August 7 – October 4, 2022
Sunday, August 7, 2022, 3:00 – 5:00pm
General InformationThe Annual Member Art Exhibition is open to member artists whose Gilmer Arts membership is current and in good standing. All 2 and 3-dimensional works of art may be submitted for acceptance. Each applicant may submit up to 3 entries in photographic/electronic image format for review. Artists will be notified of acceptance of submitted works on or before July 28, 2022. RULES:
- Work must be ORIGINAL and have been produced within the last 3 years and not previously exhibited at Gilmer Arts
- Pieces may optionally have an estimated value and be for sale or NFS. Figure your price of the piece to include a 35% commission to Gilmer Arts, if sold during the exhibition.
- Work must be firmly wired with the wire apex at least 2 inches from the top edge of the frame. No saw tooth hangers will be accepted. Framed or gallery wrapped canvas will be accepted if wired.
- Ensure that each work is clearly labeled with the title of the work and the artist’s name.
- Work must remain till the end of the exhibition. All works sold will remain on display until the established pickup date.
- Titles or price changes will not be allowed after notification date.
- Categories are all 2 and 3-dimensional works of art
All reasonable care will be exercised in the handling and exhibiting of work. Sole liability for the art rests with the artist. Gilmer Arts is not responsible for unclaimed art after the designated pickup date.
Deadline for Entries
Thursday, July 28, 2022. Artists will be notified of works accepted Monday August 1, 2022
Photographs or digital images (jpg only, 300 dpi) of your work should be sent to Gilmer Arts (gallery@GilmerArts.org) or hand delivered to the gallery by the entry deadline date, July 28, 2022. Be sure that the photograph for each work is clearly marked (including the title of the work and the artist’s name). Please do not bring actual artwork to the gallery until notified that your submission(s) have been accepted.
|July 28th||5pm||Entry Deadline|
|Aug, 1st||5pm||Notifications By|
|Aug, 3rd / 4th||11am – 5pm||Delivery – 207 (at Dalton St., Ellijay, GA)|
|Aug, 7th||3pm – 5pm||Opening Reception (at the Gallery)|
|Aug, 18th||6pm||Members Appreciation Party (at The Playhouse)|
|Oct, 4th||Tuesday||Exhibit Closing|