- This event has passed.
Four Days – Beginning Stained Glass #1
July 19 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$60.
This course will meet Monday and Tuesday, July 19, 20, 26, and 27.
In this course, a beginner student will construct 2 designs. The first will consist of straight lines and angles. The second will incorporate curves. Through these two projects, the student will gain an understanding of the following:
- Stained Glass tools and correct usage
- Types of art glass
- Designing, pattern-making, and use of pattern shears
- Scoring, cutting, and breaking art glass into various shapes
- Methods of cutting glass shapes with cathedral and opalescent
- Copper foil – Selecting and properly applying to art glass
- Soldering – The use of 50%/50% and 60%/40% – tin & lead
- Creating and applying hangers and loops
- Finishing with patina and polish
- Students will chose from 6 designs. The material fee covers supplies provided.
- Cost: $60. + $45 class supply fee. Members receive a 10% discount.