Plein Air, Art in the Mountains – April 23-25, 2021
Deadline to register April 9, 2021
During this 3 day event, artists will be painting “en plein air” in and around the beautiful vistas of the North Georgia mountains. Painting will begin on Friday and continue each of the next 2 days.
On Sunday, a Quick Draw Challenge will be held at Chateau Meichtry in the morning. A cash prize will be awarded to the winner.
On Sunday afternoon of the event, artists will enter some of the artwork created over the 3 days in an auction held at Chateau Meichtry. Best in Show will be announced during the auction and carries a cash prize. The public is invited to the outdoor auction.
Member Art Exhibition –
Call for Artist June 23rd, 2021
The Annual Member Art Exhibition is open to member artists whose Gilmer Arts membership is current and in good standing. All 2 and 3 dimensional works of art may be submitted for acceptance. Each applicant may submit up to 2 entries in photographic/electronic image format for review. Exhibit opens August 6, 2021
3rd Annual National Juried Photography Exhibition
Exhibit opens October 1, 2021
Prospectus available August 19, 2021
The Annual National Juried Photography Exhibition is open to photographers 16 years of age and above. Exhibitors are invited to submit work that meets the following criteria:
Categories: Includes photographs captured anywhere in the world within the last 5 years in either film or digital formats. *
* (Film based captures can be scanned for use in post-production).
A. Traditional Compositional Fine Art Photography: Film or Digital Single or Multiple (in-camera) exposures (including panoramic) that limit post-production to a variety of related Dodge and Burn techniques to adjust a wide range of exposure and color variables, and to remove dust. The use of popular software like Photoshop, Lightroom, Picasa3, Color Efex Pro 4 and Silver Efex Pro 2 is acceptable. (However, Topaz Studio and similar products that use algorithmic digital solutions (and “layers”) is not acceptable in this category). The intent of this category is to create a final piece using a minimum of post-production digital software.
1. Landscape (including various vistas, rivers, mountains, seascapes, and cityscapes (architectural) all with or without human presence).
2. Wildlife (Agricultural farm settings are acceptable with or without human presence. However, animals that are caged or in a Zoo setting are Not acceptable). Underwater photography is acceptable.
B. Illustrative and Conceptual Fine Art Photography: Film or Digital Single or Multiple exposures (both in and outside the camera), encaustic photography, composites and the use of popular software like Photoshop, Lightroom, Picasa3, the NIK Collection of photography software, and Topaz and similar products are acceptable. There are no restrictions in this category. Let your imagination Free!
1. Landscape (including various vistas, rivers, mountains, seascapes, and cityscapes (architectural) all with or without human presence.
2. Wildlife (Agricultural farm settings are acceptable with or without human presence. However, animals that are caged or in a Zoo setting are Not acceptable).
Annual Quilt & Fiber Exhibition
Opens December 3, 2021
Just in time for the holiday we love to decorate the gallery with the talents of our local fiber artists. So if fiber is your medium of choice, keep an eye out in September 15th for the prospectus.