Next Meeting October 19, from 5:30 to 7:00 PM
The first meeting of the Gilmer Arts artists’ organization was held on August 8 2017. During that meeting, attendees discussed the structure, mission, and goals for the group as outlined below. The next meeting of the organization will be held on October 19th from 5:30pm -7:00pm at Gilmer Arts, 207 Dalton Street in Ellijay. All area artists are invited to join the organization. Subsequent meetings will be held on the 3rd Thursday of every month. The meetings will begin with a 30 minute social gathering with refreshments, followed by a one hour program (to be announced prior to each meeting).
Artist Organization Name: We need a name for our new organization, so we are asking for name submissions from you. Email ideas (as many as you like) to email@example.com. A selection committee will choose the name from the submissions received. Thanks for your participation.
- Social Gathering
- Accept Membership Applications
- Select Board of Directors
- Submit and select a name for the organization
- New Business
Next Meeting on October 19 2017
Actively promote awareness and appreciation of the visual arts in Gilmer County and the surrounding area.
Encourage the development of member artists at all levels of accomplishment, to study and promote the arts, and to provide opportunities to exhibit the work of member artist and artisans.
Guild support of Gilmer Arts as an organization and fine arts in Gilmer County and its surrounds by reaching and/or exceeding the following objectives:
- Develop a schedule of art exhibitions in which member artist will participate
- Encourage new artists
- Create a curriculum of workshops and other learning opportunities designed to enrich and educate member artists in their craft.
- Identify and mount other events/activities as per the guild members, designed to fulfill the guild’s vision and mission.